Sponsored Programs is responsible for review and acceptance of awards for sponsored projects made to the Trustees of Boston University to ensure that the award terms and conditions are acceptable to the University and that the award can be managed properly under the University’s policies and procedures for sponsored projects.
Sponsored Programs makes every The term Effort is used for persons charged to Sponsored Res... More to expedite the process of acceptance so the award may be authorized for set-up in the BU system as quickly as possible.
Sponsored Programs (SP) is the coordinating office for all p... review of the award document includes attention to the following:
- Type of award (e.g., contract, grant, subaward, clinical trial)
- Type of activity (research, training, other)
- Amount of award
- Budget/project period
- Variances from period or amount proposed
- Sponsor general and program-specific terms/conditions, including terms incorporated by reference
- Reporting requirements
- Payment terms
- Restrictions on use of funds
- Publication terms
- Intellectual property terms
- Liability and indemnification terms
- Insurance terms
- Any compliance restrictions (e.g., human subjects, animal subjects)
- Export control concerns
- Information security terms
The SP Research Administrator A sponsored programs team member w... will follow up with the Sponsor to clarify award terms or request changes to ensure that the award is acceptable to the University and supportive of the project.
After SP review and award negotiation is complete, the SP RA obtains BU institutional signature and finalizes with the Sponsor.
Roles and Responsibilities
- SP Research Administrators are responsible for comprehensive review of the award, including consultation with the Principal Investigator View Boston University's policy on..., DA, and other University offices as necessary. When review is complete, the RA is responsible for obtaining institutional signature and authorizing award set-up in the BU system.
- Principal Investigators are responsible for review of the award and provision of any necessary information or documentation requested by SP.
- Departmental Administrators will work with the PI and SP to provide any necessary information or documentation requested by SP.